Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Google Dashboard?!?

So yea...

I know I said I'd try and keep the blog up-to-date. Well try as I may, try as I might, try as I didn't I failed.

All is not lost!

I have a commentary about the new Google Desktop (v3) as being a consolidation of Apple's Spotlight and Dashboard. I don't take offense to it as an Apple afficionado but I feel as though the territory is being encroached upon.

Well if you're too lazy to read the link to the Google Blog, its basically refining the desktop search tool to search across multiple computers and even facilitate collaboration. That's freakin awesome! If they could streamline file sharing across networks and eventually the internet, create workspaces (kinda like Adobe), all while using secure encryption I'd be very, very happy.

As much as I like to learn about FTP, HTML, CSS, etc. the fact that templates and easy UIs will be there will make collaboration much easier. This is great because less tech savy people can still contribute.

I spoke with a professor (Nunez) in our CogSci dept at UCSD and collaboration was the feature he'd most like to see in a universal CogSci directory website.

That makes me wonder how Google Scholar will work with this new collaboration. Google can single-handedly catalyze the next information revolution.

Hmm I should sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home